: General information
Information for prospective students
General Admission Requirements
In order to be considered for direct entry to a first degree course a candidate must fulfil the
following academic conditions:
- Sat and passed the Uganda Certificate of Eductaion Examination or its equivalent and
obtained a Certificate in it with passes in atleast 6 subjects obtained at the same sitting.
- Obtained at least two relevant advanced level passes of the Uganda Advanced Certificate
of Eductaion examination (UACE) taken at the same sitting or its equivalent, secured in the
current year or the previuos two years.
- Show evidence of attendence at a course of general studies in preparation of General paper of the
Advanced Certificate of Education.
For admission purposes, each degree program has specific essential subjects which are duly
weighted for purposes of entry. The specific A level requirements are:
- Bachelor of Science with Education
At least 2 principal passes in Mathematics and physics, or Biology and Chemistry.
- Bachelor of Computer Science
At least 2 principal passes, one in Mathematics and in any of the following subjects,
Physics, Chemistry and/or Economics.
- Bachelor of Development Studies
At least 2 principal passes in any A level subjects.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
At least 2 principal passes in Biology and Chemistry and at least subsidiary pass
in either Physics or Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
At least 2 principal passes in Biology nd Chemistry and
at least subsidiary pass in either Physics or Mathematics
For Postgraduate programs, applicants must have a good honours degree or equivalent
in the relevant field from a recorgnised University.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 31st March for entry the
following October. More information may be obtained from the